Friday, July 5, 2013

A night away

My mom came to the hospital to spend the night with Ryan.  She insisted that I needed to go home and get some rest, but I think she also needed some time with Ryan.  I finally agreed, but when I got home, it just made me sad.

Brad had done a lot to help around the house, so everything was neat and tidy, but the house seemed so empty without Ryan running around.  I passed by his room and it was quiet and empty.  When I glanced out the window, his sandbox, which he loves to spend most of his free time in, was empty.  It hurt my heart.

Brad and I went to the store to get a few things and I was exhausted more than I knew.  I went up to the deli counter to try and order “a half pound of cracked pepper turkey” and instead my brain merged the words together and I ordered “a half pound of crap… I mean cracked pepper turkey”.  Then, the woman behind the counter went away to slice it and I burst into hysterical laughter and couldn't stop.  It is funny sometimes how and when stress manifests itself.  I must have needed a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment